Friday, February 4, 2011

Day Two: Losing My Hair

The news of the day is that I got my hair cut! It looks so cute now. It's a chin-length bob with layers and it is awesome. I feel great! Like things are starting to change/move forward.

Collin still hasn't started packing, and he leaves Tuesday. Just to say, I'm not the only one with a procrastination problem. I kind of understand his procrastination as hesitation to get the ball rolling, although he has already done almost everything else. I think when you start packing, it's like acknowledging that *this* is the plan - that the move is happening. The next time these belongings see the light of day will be in Pacific Time. To begin unpacking anywhere else would be failure.

For me, too, there's the question of getting rid of all of that excess. I'm trying but it seems there is always a pile of stuff that needs to be donated, and there is always furniture that needs to be sold filling up my living room, and I always seem to be accumulating somehow. It's not accumulating, really, but just the nonstop (re-)discovery process of all my junk as I find it and try to find a place for it keeps reminding me of how much unnecessary STUFF I have. And yet it's still difficult to get rid of it for some reason.

Speaking of procrastination, I still haven't applied for a job in SF. When I think about it my tummy starts hurting.

Recap:

    Sold one book (one of Collin's photography books, actually).
    Breakfast: bite-size shredded wheat and almond milk. Mmmm! Good start.
    Lunch: I came home and ate a turkey sandwich with arugula and honey mustard on a toasted whole wheat bun. Then I packed some broccoli, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and an apple and snacked on it through the afternoon. Pretty good!
    Dinner: Um, fried pierogies and curry with rice. Yes, that was less than ideal, but still. Very satisfying. Oh, and three beers. :-) So yeah, dinner wasn't perfect, but I went to Brick Store with Collin and his friend from a previous job.

It is so strange to meet all of Collin's friends for the first time at the same time I'm saying goodbye to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment