Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Eight: We Gotta Get Outta This Place!

This video expresses my feelings about Atlanta very well now. Even more so because the video set looks hauntingly familiar to my own apartment lately...



Ok, so I've not been the most productive lately. First I was spending all my time with Collin (which I don't regret, since he was leaving and I felt justified in procrastinating a little), and now I'm in this crazy wind tunnel, because I'm leaving early tomorrow morning (I have to leave my apartment BEFORE SIX AM) to go visit my darling dear. Then I'll be back about midnight on Sunday, so while I am looking forward to this weekend very much, I know that it will be another reason I'm not making progress towards the move, unfortunately.

So here are the things I need to do today (i.e. Day Nine): finish my resume, pack for San Francisco (just the weekend), register for a class in web design, and put my resume in dropbox so I can edit it from the West Coast. Oh, and clean my apartment from dusty top to dingy bottom. Argh.

I have to say that this move is super exciting to me because it's forcing me to do all the things I've been putting off for so long. I told Collin last night that I was so afraid I would fail; I haven't really done anything yet in my adult life because I'm so afraid, and his response was "Oh, you'll fail," which at first I found very UNhelpful, but it's like the story of how Thomas Edison invented so many lightbulbs that didn't work before finally getting to one that did. I have never been good at heading straight into failure. This has been really challenging, which I love, since it is a reflection of how much I will grow as a process.

I'll talk more about the Web Design stuff tonight. When I also post an update of how much of this I actually do today...


Collin took this photo last night. :-)

By the way, I went to dinner last night with an old friend of mine and in talking to her about it, realized I haven't talked to any of my improv friends since I quit two months ago. This I find extremely sad. It's difficult when friends you thought you had turn out to not give a poo about you. Just in case you were wondering if it feels awesome... It doesn't.

Oh, and I decided to quit drinking. Since I decided that (actually it was before I even began this blog), I've not cut down at all. I've also decided to get back eventually to where I'm doing yoga 5+ days a week. Since I decided that I've not done yoga once.

So yeah, there are two more updates I will provide. If any progress is ever made!

Just kidding. I'll post updates anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for you to get here tomorrow! Don't forget to wake up in time for your flight! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure with all of this trying you're bound to get something productive done! I wish you the best on the west coast... never been there - maybe someday I'll make it out there. I have several blog-friends who live in California. Maybe I can add you to the list -although, you're not JUST a blog-friend! :) Good Luck, Charity!

    ReplyDelete