Monday, February 7, 2011

Day Six: Leaving Atlanta.

Collin and I watched Leaving Las Vegas this weekend. Yikes. I'm glad I knew how it ended already, or it would have been torturous.

Also, Collin likes my grandmother's glasses.


How cute is he?!

Last night I got about 3 hours of sleep. It makes me feel much better about not helping Collin as much when I think of the many nights in the past week that I've gotten 3-5 hours of sleep and he's slept until noon or beyond.

He's starting to get nervous about moving out there, but neither one of us has really dealt with the fact that he's moving thousands of miles away. From me specifically, I mean. We both know that we are postponing the inevitable, but I'm still imagining staying out West when I go visit him next weekend. I'll get a job next week and be there by the end of the month.

The truth is that tomorrow night Collin will be sleeping in a different bed, and San Francisco will be his home. It's really difficult to accept that. On the other hand, talking about my own move has actually been making it more real for me, and the fact that he is going makes me talk about it frequently, so I can more easily see myself sleeping in my own different bed in the not so distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment