Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day Twenty-One: In Recovery.

I received my first job rejection email from San Francisco today. I didn't want the job, actually, so I'm trying not to "catastrophize" (which is therapy speak for "blow things out of proportion").

My fortune from Doc Chey's today was "You have to work for what you want." Randy Pausch said in his last lecture that "the brick wall is only there to make you prove how much you want what's on the other side."

I think I'm ok, because I really want what's on the other side of this wall: a true room of my own, in the Virginia Woolf sense of the phrase.

No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself. (Virginia Woolf)

In similar news, I updated my SmugMug site! I'm trying out the SmugMug Pro account and I think I might keep it. I really like my site. I especially like the way my blog, webpage, and SmugMug site complement each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment