Friday, February 4, 2011

Day Three: Fog Rolling In.

The title of this blog is not a metaphor of self-doubt or second thoughts, just so you know up front. Actually it was just really really foggy today in Atlanta, I think the high was 37 and the low was 34, and it was drizzling or raining all day. In San Francisco the high was 62 and the low was 44. Cloudy, and I'm sure it was at times and in places foggy, but anyway, the South is really not trying too hard to tempt me to stay at this point. ... Weatherwise at least.



Collin is packing up all his stuff tonight (I think it's only going to end up being about 5 big boxes worth). He just sold his PS3 and elliptical machine on craigslist within 15 minutes of putting the ads up, for cash. In the photo above, he's happy because he just sold the elliptical (and his roommate just made $100 for driving it over to the guy's house). He's making some big strides.

I looked at a few jobs, and thought a couple of them sounded good. When I went to apply, I remembered that someone had told me to get a local phone number and use a local address. So, sitting in front of the computer, I looked up and said that to Collin. Then I got a local number from Google Voice and he told me I could use his address.

Sometimes the fact that I'm getting ready to move comes up so suddenly and so dramatically, and I get so overwhelmed. There's so much to do. I've given myself until Collin leaves, though, to get used to the idea. Right now I'm enjoying spending time with him before he leaves (on Tuesday!) and postponing, without regret, the anxiety and the fears and terrors of the nuts and bolts of the move.

------------------

Also, here is amazing video of footage from 1906 before the San Francisco earthquake and fire, and from after said earthquake and fires. Yikes.



In looking it up originally to show to Collin, we came across this delightful footage of probably my death in a few years.



Go, John Cusack, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment