Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day Thirty-Still: Tripping.

My earlier SF flight has been diverted to Baltimore as of now, where I will visit with my old friends Michelle and Troy (and hopefully Susanna, Michael, and Nicholas) and try to recuperate.

I'm in a daze. I need the weekend. The good news is that while that has been happening, I've almost completely finished going through the sentimental schlock here at my homestead. Sweet.

Michelle has suggested that I expand the job search, and I'm considering doing so, although I very much do NOT want to. I'm so desperate to get a job at this point. I had no idea this process was going to be so isolating and depressing and discouraging! I mean, I know part of that was my relationship and, um, life plan falling apart, but the job search is pretty gross right now too.

I'm starting to realize that I really need to spend some time learning web and graphic design, because that's what I want to do. I wanted to do it in SF and learn from the best, but Michelle (and my mom and dad) are right that it would be very difficult to do all this without a little safety net around me. And now that Collin is no longer my safety net, but instead my misery net, I am thinking there might be some truth in that. At least I can save up some money first. Or get trained. Or something. I don't know. What was the question?

2 comments:

  1. By the way I want to talk with you about your website. I think it's great and wordpress is a great way to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Baxter. I appreciate it. Of course this bizarre and unwelcome turn over the past few weeks changes so much. I look forward to talking with you about it. I love you. Give my love to the family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete